Friday, October 1, 2010

Money

I had an unusual experience I wanted
to share.....While giving a tour of
the Beehive House, I shared with the
visitors about the good things the
Mormons do. I talked about the
Perpetual Education Fund that will
allow young people in third world
counties to now receive their
college education by borrowing
money from this fund. The only
requirement is they repay the
money they borrow interest free.
When all the visitors were
leaving and we were shaking their
hands and thanking them for
coming......a man shook my hand
and placed this money into my
hand. I explained we cannot
take any money for the service
we give. He paused and said,
"I am so impressed by what you do
as Mormons, please accept this
money and put it into your
Perpetual Education Fund to help
someone in need." Sometimes I forget
what an awesome organization I work
for, but this stranger helped me to
remember. It was a great moment!

No comments: