Sunday, October 3, 2010

200,000 PEOPLE COME FOR A VISIT......



During Saturday and Sunday we had
200,000 extra visitors on Temple Square. As a
mission we set a goal to have 5,000 names to give
to missionaries to teach around the world. We got
5,783 names of people the missionaries can now teach.
Wow! The entire mission met in the tabernacle
to see if we made our goal or not. We certainly
did! President Holmes said, "You can have pizza
for lunch for the next two days, and sleep
in until 9:00am."
Honestly, the sisters were more excited about
sleeping in than eating the pizza! To put this in
perspective there are only 53,000 missionaries
world wide and we just got 5,783 names for them
to teach. Amazing..................





Darvin and I went for a walk after our shift on
Sunday, and before our meeting Sunday night.
We found these two cats looking out the window.

To appreciate what these cats are doing, you must
realize how high up these windows were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we looked for you guys during conference. Everytime they took a camera view of the outside, JJ would say, Hey I think I see Grandma and Grandpa!
We miss you guys. Can't wait to hear all the stories from the past 2 days. I bet it was incredible!
We just kept saying we will be there for the Spring Conference! So keep the light on for us! 6 months is not that long.
Love ya,